Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Beginning of Something New

Hi, my name is D.F. McCourt and I love science fiction. It's in my bones

Last summer, I was lamenting to a friend that there was not a single Canadian science fiction magazine left that payed SFWA rates. Well, Maya Angelou said it best: "If you don't like something, change it."

So, here we are. AE is three people. In the role of editor, I am one of them. The others are Adam Lonero (Art Director) and Helen Michaud (Editorial Director). I think that between us, we have the skills and the passion to pull this off. We'll see. If I am right, six months from now a potent new entry in the world of science fiction will hit mailboxes and newsstands across Canada and the world.

Success or failure, it'll be quite a ride. And I'll be chronicling it all here, as it happens. So stay tuned.

Relevant links:

AE website
AE Kickstarter profile
AE on twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment